The 63rd watch and analysis dossier of the French Institute for Education (Ife) entitled “The effects of family learning on school success” was published in June 2011 and was written by Annie Feyfant, study leader in Monitoring and Analysis at the French Institute for Education.
This analysis file deals with the various research projects on the impact of the family environment on the schooling of children and adolescents. This file aims to show the influence of the family and its modes of education on the student’s development and success at school by relying on several examples of publications by academics, sociologists, teachers, and psychologists, working on the themes of education, family.
The file is organized in 5 parts:
– Relationship between educational style and academic success
– Knowledge and know-how passed on within the family
– Educational tropisms of families
– Accompaniment to schooling by parents
– Difference between the effect of family and that of social origins
The aim is to develop a methodology to better measure the impact of family learning and the educational environment on school success.
- Category: Tools and Resources
- Country: France
- Language: French
- Type of file: Text File